Woodhurst Care Home in Carluke are currently recruiting for a Care Home Cook to join our team on a part time basis.
Woodhurst Care Centre is a charming former manse situated in a quiet, leafy area within walking distance of Carluke. Set in extensive grounds, the centre combines a historic property with modern facilities. The home has been sympathetically refurbished with purpose-built extensions added. Woodhurst specialises in a range of residential care for the elderly, from assistance with basic living tasks through to elderly nursing clients.
You will be responsible for preparing and cooking home made meals for our residents on a day to day basis meeting all dietary requirements.
- Must be able to cook hearty home made meals.
- Team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- City & Guilds 706 – 1 & 2, or equivalent qualification (achieved or working towards)
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Previous management or supervisory experienced
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Service User group
Apply online or contact the home for more information